Country Tech Information
Connecting country living with technology for greater convenience
Solar Water Heater -
Things to consider:
- Spending money. How much money do you have for land. Good locations are more expensive, as are trees, water features
- Legal Access: Highway, county road. You may have to get an ingress/egress permit from the county.
- Emergency vehicle access
- Proximity to a emergency care clinic, hospital
- Driveways: Typically you need a driveway for getting your car (transportation) from the legal access point to your homesite. Or you could park the car and haul building materials by hand?
- Drinking water: well, river, creek, water quality
- Electricty: run wire from existing power lines or use solar panels
- INTERNET access. If you have business requiring INTERNET, is it available on your property? If so, how much is it? What are rate charges? How reliable is it?
- Septic: Is there one installed? Has a septic test been done to test drainage on land?
- Will you buy the land outright or finance it?
- Laws. What are the local laws?
- Who would be your neighbors? How long have they lived there? Are they leaving? Planning on leaving? If so, why?
- What quality of law Enforcement? What is their reputation? What is their response times?
- Are there illegals, criminals: druggees, meth addicts, criminals, mafia?
- What are local wild animals? Dangerous beasts, snakes, creepy crawlers in the area?
- Natural disasters: Tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquake fault lines, volcanoes
- Cost: How much money you have and Cost per acre
- Acreage: how much land is available and how much you want
- Shape: Is it square, rectangular, long and skinny.
- Water features: well, river, creek, lake, pond, marsh,
- Southern exposure
- Average sunlight per day
- Weather: last frost of spring, first frost in autumn?
- Winters (average lows)
- Summers (average highs)
- Trees on your property or neighboring properties: Shading growing areas? Roots? Obstructing fence line?
The information on this website is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible.