Country Tech Information
Connecting country living with technology for greater convenience
Solar Water Heater -
Water will be needed by you and your animals if you care to have them.
Water stored on higher ground will be able to gravity flow to lower areas on your property without a pump.
Tanks of varying sizes are available from 50 gallon drums to thousands of gallons.
Water Container Materials
Tanks may be steel, stainless, corrugated, plastic, wood etc.
Sample Water Usage
- 1 gallon drinking water (filtered)
- 0.5 gallon for cooking
- 2 gallons of dishwashing water
- 2.5 gallons or less of of sun heated water for shower
- Laundry (been doing at laundromat)
- Plants using 15 gallons pers day
- 10 Trees using about 0.5 gallons per day
- Chickens use 0.5 gallons per day (not fully grown)
Total water usage for me is about 26.5 gallons per day. For a 275 gallon tote, that's one trip to town per week for water.
The information on this website is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible.